MRWSA COMMITMENT TO ETHICAL FUNDRAISING
The annual budget for Mountain Rose Women’s Shelter Association is approximately $700,000. Expenses include office and shelter facilities, personnel, administration and program costs. Income is through provincial funding and grants (75%) and donations and fundraising (25%).
Mountain Rose Women’s Shelter plans to raise $150,000 this year on Fundraising Campaigns. It will cost an estimated $32,000 to raise the above. The money raised will go to the operations of the Women’s Shelter programs.
The association is governed by a Board of Directors. Our support network includes dedicated volunteers and generous support from corporations and individuals in the community.
Contact Cindy Easton, Executive Director, for more information
ETHICAL FUNDRAISING POLICY
Mountain Rose Women’s Shelter Association (MRWSA) undertakes to adhere to the Charitable Fundraising Act of Alberta in its treatment of donors and the public, its fundraising practices and its financial transparency, and to be accountable through its Board of Directors for doing so.
• MRWSA shall maintain its charitable status through the Canada Revenue Agency
• MRWSA shall maintain its charitable status through Service Alberta under the Charitable Fundraising Act
• Information that must be provided during a solicitation:
• MRWSA logo and/or name including contact information
• The charitable purpose for which contributions will be used
• The cost of fundraising & how much is expected to be raised
• The incorporation number
• The name and phone number of the Executive Director whom the donor can call for further information
• MRWSA shall maintain complete and accurate financial records of its operations and records regarding solicitations made in Alberta for at least three years
• MRWSA shall prepare and issue official Income Tax receipts for monetary gifts and for gifts –in-kind pursuant to MRWSA Policy 10: Fundraising and Accountability and in compliance with all regulatory requirements
• MRWSA will provide the following information to potential donors and/or donors when requested:
• Most recent audited financial statement
• Most recent Annual Report
• Solicitation and/or campaign materials
• The charitable purpose for which the contributions will be used
• MRWSA shall honour donors’ requests to remain anonymous in respect to:
• Being publicly identified as a supporter of the organization
• Having the amount of their contribution publicly disclosed
• MRWSA will respect the privacy of donors. All donor records will be kept confidential and MRWSA will not share ‘donor lists’
• MRWSA shall not, directly or indirectly, pay finder’s fees, commissions or percentage compensation based on contributions
• MRWSA Board of Directors shall be informed at least annually of the number, type and disposition of complaints received from donors or prospective donors about matters that are addressed in this Ethical Fundraising Policy